- Analyze literacy narratives to understand their conventions
- Brainstorm ideas for a narrative of your own
- Experience composing process and deploy effective drafting strategies
- Examine and implement feedback provided by a consultant
- Read two literacy narratives from the archive.
- Discuss these narratives either with a partner or a group.
- Using the assignment description and prompt questions found on the NARWOL website, generate a list of ideas that you might draw from to compose a literacy narrative of your own.
- Over the next 2-3 weeks, select your best ideas and draft your literacy narrative.
- Make a 30-minute appointment with any consultant in your center.
- Following the appointment, make a plan for how you will incorporate the consultant’s feedback.
- In a staff meeting, offer some thoughts about how coming into the writing center as a client rather than a consultant may have impacted your perception of the work you do.