1 hour (minimum)
- Practice using questions as a brainstorming strategy
- Lead part of a discussion within a group of peers
- Prepare to develop a communication project for real audiences
- Practice collaboration with a partner
- With a partner, choose a single narrative from the archive and read through it quickly, annotating as you go. (8-10 minutes)
- Select a favorite paragraph. (1-2 minutes)
- Make a plan for how you might work this paragraph into a communication workshop of your own design. (10-12 minutes) Include such details as the following:
- What would the topic be?
- How would you use the paragraph in relation to your topic?
- Where would this paragraph appear in your presentation?
- Who would benefit most from such a presentation?
- How would your workshop benefit your audience? What would your learning goals be?
- How soon could you develop this workshop? What would your timeline be?
- What presentation program would you use (PowerPoint, Prezi, Canva, etc.)
- Have each pair talk about their plan to develop a workshop with the rest of the class. (3-5 minutes)
- Following the lesson, give these consultants/students the opportunity to pursue this project and provide them with the support they need to work on it. (optional)